Thursday 6 May 2010

Blue skies and sunshine!

Well, sort of. There are some blue skies out there but they're strangely combined with rain, leaving us all a bit soggy.

The house is taking shape, despite all this, my mother in law turned up and weeded my garden for me which was nice of her. I'm currently on a break from varnishing shelving materials for my library which is going in the nursery, the lounge floor has been laid, and the suite was delivered this morning so we have a living room again! The plinths are on two of the banks of kitchen units and I've been promised that the lounge wiring, final plinth and clearance of the conservatory will be done tonight in preparation for building the dining furniture before one of my best friends and her other half come up on Saturday to spend the night.

The nursery is something of sore point atm, our initial deadline/road marker for trying for a baby was my 25th birthday, which is next week. Obviously that's a bit pie in the sky as we'll still be living in a building site, but we need to talk about it, not me get upset about it, try and bring it up and be platituded off. I've no idea if platituded is a real word, but I'm going to use it anyway. I'm trying to be patient and calm, but my body clock is screaming at me, especially as there seem to be babies and pregnant women everywhere I look recently.

My ex is running for a seat in the city we used to live in in today's election. Most bizarre. Giving him any position of power can not end well... More on that another time when I'm not buzzing.

I've managed to get an Alice palette! Charlie on www.ladyofthelane.com was selling one so I am very excited :D I am a geek, I get it... I'm also stupidly excited about having ordered new cushions to match my new suite. And I have appliance envy again, over a fridge. It's very pretty...

Anyway, I must be back to work otherwise my husband will be home to be greeted with half unpacked boxes in the lounge and a landing full of pieces of timber. Not good. Until next time, I wont tell anyone how your voice is my favourite sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment