Tuesday 11 May 2010

Minging rain and hailstones...

...in contrast to the other post hehehe. Things are good up at the farm, the house is taking shape nicely, if slowly. I still don't have a plinth in the kitchen, but the wiring is done and the conservatory/dining room is completely finished, and he's taken the plinths to school to cut them down to size so maybe they'll get done one day, though it wont be today, he's still at school, or tomorrow when he's away with DofE...

We have had the nursery discussion. Properly. None of this dancing round the issue malarky. We've decided to finish the house and are looking to his birthday in October as a marker/waypoint to work towards. Which is both exciting and terrifying, all this time I've been so desperate to have that date to work towards that for him to agree with me is quite scary :)

I've been playing with my Alice palette, lots of fun, and the primer potion is incredible, I showered on Sunday night and there were still traces of my makeup visible on Monday! Yes, I know I should take my makeup off properly, so sue me.

I am supposed to be wallpapering now, well, I decided I was going to, but I can't find the wallpaper paste or brush, so it's not getting done. I'm off Thursday and Friday so I'll get as much as I can done then. Instead I have spent the afternoon slouched on the couch catching up on facebook and emails and getting up occasionally to do the laundry. I have also booked an eyetest, when I was 18 I sustained a head injury which meant I had to get my eyes tested every six months for two years but since then it's slipped somewhat, we've now moved as well so no one will be sending me any reminders. Here's hoping that this isn't the time my eyes have worsened enough from their slight short-sightedness to mean I need glasses as I can't afford them as I'm saving for London. I have alreasy picked frames, just in case :)

This morning three champagne flutes arrived for me, on Saturday, while making dinner, I knocked one of our wedding present flutes over and it promptly shattered everywhere. The company still make them, so to avoid the debacle we had with the mugs, I ordered three so we had two spares! They are apparently dishwasher safe, but they wont fit, and I'm not risking breaking another one!

Right, time for a hot bath, the house is a bit cold today as we generally rely on the heat from the conservatory to keep the downstairs of the house warm and without sun it's not really warmed up today, the heating is on but knowing our luck if we turn it up too much it'll be roasting hot tomorrow! Until next time, you are young, but so am I, and this is wrong, but who am I to judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment