Wednesday 16 June 2010

Home again.

My mum and step-dad drove me back up the road on the Saturday, seven hours in the car with my step-dad is plenty to make me deserve the drink I poured when we walked in the door... We ordered in Chinese food and watched the Eurovision Song Contest. Oh yes. Eurovision. It's become something of a tradition now, despite the fact I'd rather remove my eyes with cocktail sticks... On my 20th birthday he spent the night downstairs with my ex flatmates while we had a BBQ on the roof.

Work has since passed in a blur of people being nice to me, my manageress swinging between fun loving and chilled to being a complete nightmare (apparently I caused something of a stir by telling them I wouldn't be at work, employees only get one day off for funerals and I dared to take three, and I didn't ask nicely, I announced) whatever, the worst they can do is not pay me for a week.

We had a flying visit from the Princess and her delightful offspring. And I tried. I really tried. But the constant comments about money, my drinking, money, her child, money, my life, money, her house, money, pink and lilac decor, money, her ungratefulness, painkillers, money, how much her husband doesn't help her and money I nearly killed her. She started a stand up argument over the dinner table over Rock Paper Scissors. Fun times. She also announced that she didn't get a real engagement ring (by real she means a traditional solitaire), but she loves her engagement ring Honest. I still have a headache.

My manageress has not yet left as our MD is a complete numbnuts and hasn't chosen a replacement and her new job has not started yet so he's just letting her hang about totally screwing the rest of us up! As such she's in a most bizarre mood, reducing me to tears the first time she saw me in a month before going completely mental and hyperactive with the workmate who thinks it's acceptable to shout and laugh hysterically over farting on the shop floor. Who previously the manageress would have told to stop and be quiet. Epic.

Today my Hot Diamonds arrived :) At work we get money back from some companies sometimes depending on what we've sold, Hot Diamonds this time around so now I have some shiny new bracelet charms :)

For now I think that's it, normal service will resume soon, once my brain makes more sense. There are a few people in my life currently making me want to set fire to their hair, but my friend K is coming to stay this weekend so we're gonna try to set the world to rights over tea and cakes. Until next time, the lives I weave are oh so intricate, oh so intricate...

No comments:

Post a Comment