Thursday 24 June 2010

A quick catch up then.

Well, we had to go to another funeral. Our scout master died from terminal lung cancer. He was in his fifties and leaves behind a 16 year old son and loving wife. i managed to get the time off for the funeral despite having met the man once and was welcomed so entirely into the group that I spent more time than necessary in tears. They played Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life which brought some smiles, and one of the hymns we had for my aunt which brought some tears, and the wake was really good. We all chatted and connected and James, the son, who did beautifully came over and gave me a massive hug and thanked me for coming. As such, I'm going to be a leader as of August :) Even after his death he's still roping people into the job!

The manageress is leaving. She made a few more particularly horrific comments (when I commented that it was hot in the crematorium she told me I should have asked them to turn the fire down). She will finish up a week tomorrow. Fan-fucking-tastic. I cannot wait.

Some of my friends are in trouble. With me. The friend I fell out with a few months ago has really been making the effort, and I appreciate it, I really do. I've been making the effort back. But we're having a BBQ in August, as we always do, round about our wedding anniversary. And I told everyone we were doing it. Then I sent out invites on bookface. It's the only weekend all summer that we're both free and I requested time off for it. So far two friends have said they're coming, one friend who doesn't do bookface has said she's coming, two friends who are teachers have said they might come (this is acceptable as they're starting term on the Monday), one friend who has family stuff going on has said she might come and everyone else has not responded. Well whoop-di-fucking-do. All this I could live with if it were a one off incident, but it's not. One friend in particular, who has been very close for a number of years, with my husband and I (except for when a girl came between us but we all bursh over that and we leave him to it) has started ignoring us. Not just gettting lazy with responding, outright ignoring us. And one of my best friends and her partner who are part of the same group. But not other people from the group. In fact on bookface I can witness entire conversations between him and other people while he ignores me. Epic.

But that's just miserable and boring. For now I shall leave you with the song that Matthew Morrison and Alan Carr sang tonight. I've been waiting for so long, so someone to come along...

No comments:

Post a Comment