Wednesday 2 June 2010

Next!

So, next on my incredible journey was a stop off with friends Andy and Ju who I was to stay with for a few days. I arrived there tired and hot and sweaty and jumped straight in their shower. While dinner was being made I did my makeup and got changed and while Andy was off helping a damsel in distress (a friend of ours had blown a tire on the motorway) Ju and I chatted and relaxed. When she went to get me a drink my phone rang, it was my mother calling me from her mobile, so I took the call in Ju's room.

She was calling to tell me that her older sister, my aunt, had died. She woke up in the night, fell down a step, panicked and an undiagnosed heart condition caused her to have a heart attack. She was with her (grown up) daughter at the time who called the paramedics and held her hand, but there was nothing they could do.

Ju comforted me, and got me tissues, and even waited for me to fix my face before we were due to go out. I was told we didn't need to go out, but I wanted to be around people who loved me and I desperately wanted a drink. My friends were all very understanding, and we even won the quiz! Cue lots of free sweeties for us :)

The rest of the week wasn't tainted by my news, so further, happy posts will follow. But for now, raise a glass to Susan Mary, who would do anything for anybosy, enjoyed life, was always tied up with Kevin Costner and who wanted a Viking Boat Burial. As this is not possible in North Yorkshirre, she didn't get one, but the thought was there. Again, I'll post about that later.

Until next time, where troubles melt like lemon drops, high above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me...

No comments:

Post a Comment