Tuesday 10 November 2009

And we have lift off!

Our internet has finally been connected at home so I am writing this from the comfort of my living room :)

I've started work now. The place is all my dreams come true, I clearly had the right idea when I was 16 and wanted to work in a jewellers as I absolutely loved my induction yesterday. The systems are a bit difference to what I've used before but it should be fine once I get used to it. The staff all seem fab as well so fingers crossed it all works out.

The weather has taken a turn for cold, there has been frost and fog most mornings recently and the grass has been most decidedly crunchy underfoot.

We've had yet more friends up to visit this weekend four of them descended upon us and we had a complete ball taking in the city, having a few drinks and lighting sparklers in the back garden. I cooked myself into an oblivion and am going to live off fresh pasta from now on :)

To be honest I'm struggling a bit at the moment taking in how much life has changed in the last five weeks. Five weeks ago I was spending my days sitting at home, sending out CVs and being bored. Now I have a job, we're living in another city and while we haven't yet sold our house we've had more viewers than we've had in months over the last two weeks. We're both visibly happier and I'm laughing so much it hurts.

I miss my friends, of course I do, but to be honest I'm barely noticing their absence yet. It's not unsual to go only a week without seeing some of them, and as people have been here every weekend since we moved it's not really hitting home that they're not just down the road anymore. We're going down in two weeks though, for a rugby match and a birthday (which coincides happily with the release of New Moon!) and then again a few weeks later for more birthdays and a visitor from south so we'll all be fine (provided I stop getting off the bus at the wrong place and getting lost!)

My NaNoWriMo project isn't doing very well. I'm massively behind but I reckon I can do it :)

So now i'm off to make myself some dinner (my husband has parent's evening tonight) before settling in with a blanket and a good book for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment