Tuesday 3 November 2009

Who says we always talk about the weather?

Well it's rotten out there. Most of the country is getting severe weather warnings and half the A roads out there are under a foot of water. Brrr...

I'm once again in a pub using their wifi. I've got hundreds of photos uploading to facebook, finally! I'm also trying to keep up with everything that has come for me in the last week as we still don't have internet at home, we do, however, have a phoneline, which is a start. We should have the net by next Monday, I can last another week!

The good news is, I got myself a job! It's temporary and part time to begin with but they said I could be working full time by Christmas if things work out and there's a chance the job will become permanent in January *dances* Either way it's a step in the right direction!

I've also entered the NaNoWriMo. National Novel Wiriting Month. The aim is to write a 50000 word novel in 30 days. I've only got 1700 so far but there's plenty of time and given that I wrote 15000 over two days on my last novel as the end came upon me I'm confident. It's an idea I've had for a while but wasn't sure would be long enough. As 50000 is technically a novella by most publishers standards this is perfect :)

So, my evil plan for Hallowe'en. We got dressed up and two friends, my husband and I drove the 90 minutes to my aunts house on the West Coast. She lives in a little cottage in the middle of a forest and jokingly said a few months ago that she hoped she didn't get any Trick or Treaters this year after over 20 years spent living in the city. We managed to get all the way to the door (up a very long steep driveway) in the car without them noticing and rang the doorbell. And waited. And waited. Eventually my uncle came to the door, all ready to tell us he had no sweeties for us! Turns out they had been debating opening the door as they didn't want to disappoint any kids, but felt that if someone had come all the way up then they should open the door! So we had a few glasses of wine with my aunt and baby cousin (who's 18) before heading back to our house. All in all, a lovely night :)

One funny story from Saturday nigtht though, my friend and I were the only two dressed up apart from two barmaids at the place we stopped for dinner. We were feeling most conspicuous. As we were driving out to my aunt's house we were driving through some horrific puddles and my husband jokingly said "I hope there weren't any pedestrians there, I didn't see any behind the wall of water, ha ha ha..." Ten minutes later, going through the next village he went through a similar puddle, and noticed two girls dressed as fairies at just the wrong moment. There was nothing he could do and the girls got soaked. Luckily they were late teenagers rather than small kids or I think the guilt might have killed us! They took it in good spirits though and were laughing when we drove away :)

So, that's our news. Other than selling our old house we're settled! I need to change our address on a few things but that's easily done. I start work on Monday morning. Everything is falling into place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment