Sunday 15 November 2009

End of week one.

So, the new job is still fantastic, and I'm doing well, I got plenty of compliments yesterday about how quickly I had picked up the till and I even sold my first diamond ring! But of course it wouldn't be me without things going wrong. Nothing too severe, just a stupid mistake, but noone got hurt, nothing got broken and noone lost any money. Awesome :) Not bad for my first Saturday! I'm back in tomorrow and working with the manager so hopefully things continue to go well :)

In other news, I've got my NaNoWriMo to over 10000 words, I'm ridiculously far behind but still holding hope. We're going visiting this weekend and I have a two and half hour drive so laptop will be charged!

The visit this coming weekend has highlighted what I was already feeling. I'm really missing my friends. This was our first weekend with noone visiting, and to begin with I was really looking forward to some time with just my husband, and we had a great night last night, pizza, wine and a movie, but I got up today and read all the texts and FB messages and statuses from my friends talking about their night last night and I felt really alone for the first time since moving. I've been close to tears most of the day and am already trying to shake myself out of it in preparation for tomorrow, I've only ever taken my homelife to work once and it resulted in me crying my eyes out on a checkout with my head on a manager's shoulder. Lucky for me it was a manager I knew outside of work and who was extremely understanding. This time I fear I will just have to battle through.

I'm getting stupidly excited about the release of New Moon this weekend. I am in my twenties and don't even have a crush on a character to blame, I am just genuinely excited about seeing the movie. I loved these books when I read them (after being prodded by my friend the bunny) and don't give a flying toss if they were written for teens, children or babies. I liked them, the same way I liked Harry Potter and as such the film adaptations are creating massive amounts of joy and laughter in my life. I have actually dreamed that I have already seen the movie twice this week. Oh yes, I am that much of a geek. Though I'm not sure which is more geekish, dreaming New Moon: The Movie, or getting so excited when I found out the Hogwarts Express passes my aunt's house every day that I had to text my cousin and tell him (he already knew and told me I was sad).

I think our house is finally unpacked! Hubby was left in charge of the last spare room (we only have two, but the other was done by the end of day one and so much stuff has been moved back and forth it feels like we have six) and filing all his stuff before I burned it all. I've just heard him go into the attic, presumably to put the empty boxes up there so we can all breath a sigh of relief and should anyone come to stay who needs wardrobe space, or even space to walk around the room, it will be available to them :)

There have been some unfortunate events this week. A cousin of mine has taken her attention seeking to a whole new level and has posted something on facebook that really should have been kept private. She is now passing out gory details on what is, essentially, a public medium about something that happened over twenty years ago. Not healthy. I am staying far away from this one as I've been dragged in before and it does noone any good.

I keep missing the Christmas Coke ad! I am classing this as an unfortunate event as I'm desperate to get excited about Christmas and can't until this ad has been on (my own rule) yet just about everyone I know saw it last night. Not fair in the slightest! I instead keep getting the Taylor Swift/Band Hero ad, and not even Pete Wentz in his underwear makes it worth getting that song stuck in my head. It did lead to an interesting conversation with my husband though, who asked me when they changed the music in that scene. He seemed unable to comprehend that it was a scene from Risky Business and that it had been used by just about every advertising company and Sit-Com maker at some point, usually with the original piano music that we all know and love, but for this particular advert it just wasn't going to work.

Right, I apparently have to go do some shopping (by myself, bad plan, I almost always come back with books and DVDs, his mistake!) so I'd better get off. Until next time, in the immortal words of Bill S. Preston Esquire and Ted "Theodore" Logan,

Be excellent to each other, and party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment