Wednesday 6 January 2010

All is well again.

I've spoken to my mum, who had some news about things going on at home, my step-dad's second in command has left them in the lurch by handing in his notice. Epic. But things are fine between mum and I after a bit of a heart to heart so that's good. Just cracked open the wine and am now watching Nurse Jackie to see if it's worth the hype!

I've joined in the colour game on facebook, it's fun, but attracting more female attention than male, which sort of defeats the purpose, but it's amusing all the same, especially now I know what's going on and am not just saying random colours...

I'm uploading a massive backlog of photos to my photobucket, I used to put everything there but got out of the habit so am now trying to get it done to make sure I've got a good backup place. It's also far easier to share than facebook!

My baby cousin is getting the bus over to see me tomorrow! That is if the roads are still in the same state they are now :D Very excited, love her to little pieces and need some girl time, as much as I love my family there was too much testosterone over New Year with my step-dad, uncle, husband and male cousin about... Going to ask her to bring over My Sister's Keeper as she got it for Christmas :)

Now I'm in a better mood I shall elaborate on New Year. I knocked wine over my laptop and dropped my phone in the snow. However, instead of a mass insurance claim I have been blessed with a self-healing laptop screen (it's not perfect but I can see it, no complaints) and a phone that worked once it was dried out and warmed up. Woop! I have, however, had to have my camera replaced after it stopped working due to something stuck in the lense, despite me keeping it in it's case.

We went out one night for Scottish Tapas, which was amazing, and we had winter Pimm's to warm us up after walking up the ski slope that is my aunt and uncle's driveway. I played, and won, Mighty Boosh Top Trumps. We put the champagne in the snow to chill as there was no room in the fridge. We played the After Eight game while drunk and my baby cousin got chocolate smeared all over her face. We watched The Proposal and The Boat That Rocked and my mother loved them both. I showed my cousins the pictures from NYE and one asked me why I had photoshopped white squares over their heads, they were the squares of paper from playing the "Who Am I?" game and he'd forgotten playing it. I got so drunk that I lost an hour from NYE which included dancing to Paolo Nutini and going for a walk in the snow (ooops). The last episode of Gavin & Stacey made me cry like a little girl, and I'm happy that it ended the way it did, but am desperate for them to make more.

So now to think about the year ahead. I have few resolutions, I rarely stick to them, but I have a few wishes.

I wish for our house to be sold.
I wish for my job to become safe, there is a little doubt about the company at the moment, but I am hopeful it can be saved following the figures from the last week, I firmly believe it's the snow causing us problems.
Job secure, I wish to be able to start saving (this relies mainly on the house, so the two reflect each other).
And, should all those wishes, which seem so plausible in the scheme of life, become a reality,
I wish to be either pregnant, or trying to be, by this time next year. This is my greatest wish, and the one that seems the hardest to attain, as it's the only one I've never done before.

I'm going to watch David Tennent and teh RSC in Hamlet now, so until next time, I humbly take my leave of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment