Sunday 31 January 2010

I've got so much crossed...

...that I'm surprised I can function. We're going to view one, hopefully two, houses this week. One that my husband picked and loved the listing for and was desperate to view but is a little out of the way for me, and only has two bedrooms (but a double garage *rolls eyes*). And one that I wanted to view as the area is very good, it has a garage, three bedrooms, a massive lounge and dining room and is beautifully decorated. We managed to get an appt to view the first one tomorrow night and we're waiting for the estate agent to call back about the second. Once again, my husband is being indecisive, he was desperate to see the first house on Friday and by tonight he had started to change his mind about the area, can we have a collective eye roll? He has, however, had a glowing recommendation for the area the other house is in so fingers crossed we get to see it soon and it lives up to it's listing. Especially as on Thursday I went through every listed property in the city and there were only two districts that he didn't refuse to live in...

In other news, I have finished month one of my 365 Project :) The site wont upload today, but I have taken today's photo (and am very proud of it actually) and I will put it up as soon as I can.

My hair is starting to grow again, a few weeks ago I cut greats chunks out of it to get rid of the final vestiges of bleach from last March, so my hair is now all one colour (currently dark red) but extremely short. I was told to take pre-natal vitamins to get it grow a bit quicker but I think that might actually give my husband a stroke...

My friend and I are planning a joint 25th birthday party this May. I think we've found a venue and I've started stocking up on party supplies (we need a theme dahling!) we also get to decorate, choose our own music and we get a dedicated bar and staff. Epic.

My earphones broke the other day :( Luckily I work right next door to an electronics shop so popped in before work to buy a new set. Recently I've been listening to my mp3 player as loud as it goes, total immersion. I put my new earphones in and I had to rip them out of my ears because it was so loud! So I am now a very happy bunny :)

I have finally cleared and removed the overdraft from my bank account :D It wasn't a lot of debt by current student standards but I wanted rid of it before I bought another house. Very satisfying, even though the bank teller did try to convince me to keep it (and we wonder where the banks went wrong?")

This week people have been giving me a lot of advice. And sometimes I appreciate it, like how to get the best deal on my new mortgage, which areas are the best to live in, what colour I should dye my hair etc. However when the woman who irons her tea towels and socks tells me that having a dishwasher is a waste of water and electricity, the cousin who still lives at home and pays no rent tells me to rent for a few years to get my credit rating up before I buy a new house and the woman with no children tells me I don't want kids and that I have things to do with my life before I settle down then I tend to get antsy.

My mum just told me that the gorgeous christening shawl she has been knitting for the last year is for my first child. I am actually sitting here with tears in my eyes, I love that shawl, and had always secretly hoped she'd do one for me, so hearing that this one is for me has made my day :)

On that subject, my husband has mentioned on more than one occasion this last week the fact we're going to start a family. Now I'm not sure if this is more of his "Sometime in the future" talk or if he's actually relaxing a little bit, but either way, it's nice to know my ranting at him hasn't put him off the idea completely...

Now I'm off to watch some Family Guy and relax a bit, I'm not working tomorrow as it's a local holiday so I can continue my spring cleaning (always fun!) but at least I don't have to get up early :) Until next time, a quote from a song and a film that both remind me of old friends, open up your lovin' arms, and watch out, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment