Wednesday 27 January 2010

Shocking...

...Well, as predicted, we aren't buying the house from last night. The difference this time is that when we left the house my husband said to me "I really liked it, I really, really liked it, shall we just bite the bullet?" to which I replied yes, call the financial advisor, call the solicitor, call the owner. In the half hour it took us to drive home he changed his mind. So today things are somewhat strained. I'm still not feeling very much of anything, which is driving him mad as he hates it when I'm like this. It drives me mad as well, but that's beside the point.

Today we did visit a new estate agent, who has a house that sounds perfect coming up once the home report has been done. Now it is within the school catchment area, but it really does sound perfect, and is on the outer edge of the estates up there. It has three bedrooms, bathroom, WC, kitchen, lounge, dining room and garage. They are all the things we asked, and it's in our price range and in walking distance to work, for both of us. So we'll see. The solicitor is going to call us when the home report is completed. I'm not holding my breath, but strnager things have happened than my husband getting his act together.

I also told him that I don't want to live in the country (not sure where he'd got that idea from, but he made the "We used to live in country villages as kids so we want to get back to that" speech both at the house and estate agent so I decided to get it out there that actually, that's not what I want. I'm a city girl at heart (apparently) and while I want to get out of noisy estates, I don't want to live in the back arse end of beyond. I tried not to be difficult about it and he seemed to accept it well, so clearly the best thing to do.

So, we shall see. In the meantime I shall continue to do my perfect housewife bit, clean the kitchen, cook the food, wash the clothes, and we'll see what happens. We've got exactly 12 weeks left now on our lease, and 10 weeks before the end of his next school holiday, during which he wants to move. Given that a move usually takes eight weeks to organise from paperwork to moving day we still have time...

For now, I'm watching bad comedy, reading Merry Gentry and sleeping on the couch a lot (migraines are back) A rather obscure quote to end on tonight. Give me time, just, give me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment