Friday 22 January 2010

And then, I burst into flame.

Kudos and cookies for anyone who gets the reference...

Well, we've been to view a few houses now, the first was a complete bust, seriously, I've seen student bedsits with five Irish lads living away from home for the first time in them that were in better condition. The second on the other hand was perfect. In my eyes at least. My husband disagrees and despite how much I might want to I can't force him to live there. So back to the drawing board. We've got another viewing on Tuesday (further away, smaller, no garage) that he seems to think is a better propsect. To say I'm humouring him would be an understatement, but I will anyway, reminds me of the story of how we found a house up here to rent actually.

We booked in to see one house. That's right folks, one house. After I spent a week telling him to sort out some places to see. It wasn't at all suitable, so we didn't take it. We then went into a few estate agents in town and asked them what they had going. We found one place, which was too expensive, but fit the bill. We went back into the office and asked them about it and if there was any chance we could see it that day. As we were begging with the agents the owner walked in! She agreed to take us up there and then and we put the holding deposit down that evening. That is the house we're currently living in. And that was fine. But now we need to find somewhere new, and if he doesn't stop being so picky it's just not going to happen.

There have also been a few conversations recently about us having a family. I have all sorts of concerns here, there are family medical factors, my age, the fact I am so broody it makes my stomach ache... These are frustrating, as while we both agree we should wait until we have a house and are prepared for them, I still physically hurt everytime I see a woman and her young child.

Sorry for the doom and gloom folks, but the blog is called Ophelia Sulks, and today I'm sulking like a pro. Until next time, a quote from Juno (which I have already watched in my attempt to bring some tears to my eyes. It didn't work.) DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment