Sunday 7 February 2010

Rant rant rant rant rant...

That is apparently all I'm capable of recently. My latest annoyance is an acquaintance who has three healthy sons but who is trying for another baby because she is that deperate for a girl. She has admitted more than once to being disappointed when she found out the last one was a boy, which I find more than a little sad, and now she's actually using ovulation kits to plan when to try to conceive to make her chances of having a girl better. This depite the fact she has conceived her three sons naturally, two of them the first month she was trying, and has carried all her pregnancies to term with no problems.

Everything smells burnt today. When I was 18 I was in a car accident and sustained a head injury, as a result I developed anosmia. Recently though, well, for the last year or so, things have been coming back to me. Some days everything's really clear, it's easy to tell what smells are and I can enjoy things like coffee and flowers properly. Other days everything takes on a random characteristic, like smelling burnt, or smelling like wet dog (that week was fun) or just not smelling at all. Today is a burnt day. I woke up and my sheets smelled like smoke so I got out of bed and came downstairs. The kitchen smells like smoke, the half bar of chocolate on the couch arm from me watching a movie last night smells like it's been burnt and the jumper I put on smells burnt as well. I know I should be thankful my sense of smell came back at all, but being convinced things are burning is not a fun experience...

Last night I watched The Notebook and The Time Traveler's Wife and cried my eyes out, finally! Today I feel loads better, if a little hungover (I also drank two bottles of wine) but I've drunk a litre of water so far and made sure to eat before I went to sleep (not good for the diet but will keep me healthy) so once I've had a bath and a nice fry up I think I'll be a bit closer to my usual sunny self :)

I also, for the first time in my life, put some money into a savings account! It's not very much, and it'll be coming right back out to pay for a theatre trip to London in May, but I did it, and it was money I had earned myself as well. Very big moment for Ophelia :D

And oh yes, big theatre trip. My friend and I have said for years that one day we'd go to London. It was a running joke, we'd finish everything off with "...on the way to London." Conversations went something like this: "Are we meeting for lunch this week?" Yeah, let's do lunch on the way to London. "We should buy that new book/CD/DVD/nail polish." We can get them on the way to London. "Can you pass me a coke?" Sure, I'll do it on the way to London. And I think we both secretly thought that it would never happen, but it was a great thought and it stuck. For seven years. Well last night we were chatting and she started looking up theatre deals to go see Legally Blonde the musical (yes I know!) and Wicked, which we've both wanted to see for years. And they weren't that expensive, so we stopped joking and started thinking seriously, as it's my 25th birthday in May we thought this would be a great excuse to go, especially as I've got a week booked off work. And it's in LONDON! So once May is over we will actually be able to talk about the things we did on the way to London :D This is going to get more annoying than Joey in Friends. London baby! :D

So not so ranty anymore apparently. Looks like having good friends and something to look forward to really can work wonders :) So until next time, a song from one of my favourite movies of all time, all I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your lovin' arms and watch out, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment