Wednesday 10 February 2010

Work sucks, I know...

...but noone left me roses. And actually work isn't that bad if I don't listen to the new game we like to play called "Bitch at Ophelia for everything that is wrong, even if she hasn't been near the cabinet in question for months" Not a very snappy name, but it sums up the game pretty well.

The househunt has ground to a halt. We decided to put an offer in on the house we saw weeks ago that I loved, but we phoned to talk money and the owner changed his mind and took the property off the market *bangs head against heavy things* But, there's another house gone up that we're going to try and view before the end of this week, so fingers crossed. I am also being listened to now, after our financial advisor told my husband to take his head out of hs ass about finding an area we are happy with. Epic. My mother in law is now getting involved again, as I knew she would, and actually phoned last night to tell us which houses to look at. Fun times at Ryder High. However, my momma's boy husband told her to wind her neck in so things are looking up :) On that note, my phone just rung and we've got an appt to view the house tonight! :D Very exciting :D

I'm joining a book club :D I had a minor meltdown the other night and told my husband I'm incredibly lonely in this city. He told me to find something to do then, somewhere to meet people. I realised that all my hobbies are very solitary, reading, knitting, cross-stitch, photography. He randomly suggested a book club, and I don't know why I never thought of it before! I get to read, buy new books and meet new people, who like to buy and read books! The first book is "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" so I look forward to reading it :D I spoke to a friend who said when her sister in law emigrated she met most of the people she knows this way, so hopefully this is the start of my new start :D

I left my computer signed in the other day and my husband was using Google. It led to this conversation which made myself and a friend laugh.

"What's Off-eel-ya sulks?"
It's my Google account.
"What's it mean?
Well, Ophelia is a character from Hamlet, who cries a lot, it's a joke.
"Oh."

The man has no culture! I think we may have to change this... Until next time, say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home...

No comments:

Post a Comment