Tuesday 2 March 2010

*tentative celebrations*

We found a house. We put an offer in. It was accepted subject to contracts. We got the finance. We got all the paperwork in order. We are now waiting for the current owner to sign the official acceptance. We are keeping absolutely everything crossed for the next few days until the acceptance comes back signed (it went out today).

Scary, scary biscuits. Or as my friend the bunny said, freaky toast :) Life as normal can now resume. Well, with the exception that I have 27 days to pack up and move. Again. Seriously. We now get to do the fun bit of buying new furniture though :)

We've finally got the two wedding invitations for this year through, one is in two weeks, another in six and I've even managed to find a dress I already had to wear to the first. Very exciting stuff. I love weddings, and since one is an Irish affair and the other has a strong Nigerian presence I feel these two will be even more special than normal :)

This week at work promises to be fun. My manageress is on holiday so it's just the other girls and me. Fabby :) Then I've got one week in then a whole week's holiday! :D

The old friend of mine and I are working on it. Well. I am. I am trying very hard. And after the first wedding things should be better, I've promised her some one on one time and tea and cakes so we shall see.

I have an urge to watch Top Gun. It's bizarre. But then again every so often I have urges to watch films like that, Gone in 60 Seconds is one of my favourite films and one day my husband came home to find me watching it and nearly had a stroke. Unfortunately we don't own Top Gun...

I haven't been to book club yet, I was meant to start last week but the weather was so bad we had to go South early to make sure we could hand over the keys to our old house on time. Wish we hadn't bothered to be honest given the fact that at 7.30pm on the day of the sale the new owner called us to ask where all the furniture was. Um...

The London trip is all planned and the bunny has the train and theatre tickets in her possession. Very, very fecking excited :D 76 days to go to London Baby!

So, marathon post over, I'm off to bed. I'm working early tomorrow. Until next time, I'm going to try, defying gravity, and you can't pull me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment