Saturday 20 March 2010

What a week!

Well. Since last time I have been back to the city, had what I knew to be true about my old fiend confirmed, listened to a full, in depth discussion of someone else's love life, sung in a pub, danced til I ached, watched Alice in Wonderland, had my makeup done, taken camp photos, drunk wine, been to a wedding, laughed til I cried, made jokes even teenagers would have been ashamed of, bought a suite, bought a dishwasher, confirmed on the house, bought a washing machine and dryer, painted my nails repetedly, calmed down, slept for thirteen hours in one day, eaten one of the best meals of my life, cried until my face ached, had very naughty dreams about certain vampires, had dinner with two fabulous friends, got my last Christmas present and trawled every shop in town that sell DIY supplies, furniture or appliances.

So, where to begin. With Alice I think. Fabulous, absolutely loved it, there were only three other people in the screening and my friend the bunny was one of them. As the only bad review I've heard of it so far was from she who moans a lot I was pretty convinced I'd like it but I loved it! The girls and I are now planning a tea party for my housewarming :) Love it...

On the same day, I received my EPIC necklace, just to upset the friend who hates the term. The bunny and I wore them to the pub where we were informed we are "Not big, and not clever." Well, we thought we were... While there I sang in the kareoke and was told I was the best singer all night and it was good to have me back. While I may not agree I was the best singer it was great to be back :) The bunny also did my makeup with her Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland pallet, which I now *need*...

We completed on the house! We get the keys a week on Monday and I'm very, very excited :) We have also bought a suite, we decided to have a look last Monday while we were back in the city and found one that I loved but my husband was unsure about. However, seeing it and not hating it meant that when we saw the black suite today in a new shop up here he gave it a chance and fell in love with it :) It's black with white patterns on it so we're attempting now to find wall paper :) We've also bought a washing machine and dryer and a shiny shiny black dishwaher.

The wedding was beautiful, there were literally 50 people there and it was absolutely fabulous. We laughed and danced and sang and ate, drank, chatted and met new people. It was wonderful. The bride was beautiful, the groom dashing (if nervous) and despite my husband getting called in for technical support (fastening the laces on the men's brogues as he's the only kilt owner in the group) the whole day went off without a hitch :) The flowers were all shades of red, pink and purple and it was a delight. The band were incredible as well, if I do it again, I'm hiring them!

As for my old friend, I made sure to have several evenings free for her as she constantly complains we never spend any time together. On the first she called other people to spend time with us. On the second, she did the same. On the third, she sat and did crossword puzzles all night, on the fourth, I gave in and went out for dinner (I checked it was ok with her first) and then she still complained that we didn't get to spend enough time together. She also complained about at least fifteen places and the words "I had the worst experience there" came out of her mouth on three seperate occasions. Which made my irony and unfair sensors scream but I bit my tongue and smiled. She then bitched at me for not telling her I'm back in the city in three weeks for another wedding. I didn't tell her because we'll be down for a grand total of 40 hours and she will be in Ireland... Oh well. Such is life. I give up. I can't hold her hand forever.

However, despite all this I'm reasonably upbeat. The other stuff in my life, including how close some of my friends and I are growing due to the distance seems more important recently, even more so than going back to work, which I'm half excited about and half dreading...

For now, I am going to get very excited about my new furniture and moving into my new house, get lots of sleep, drink some wine and look forward to Monday, when New Moon in released and the bunny is coming up to stay for a release party, just like we did for Twilight. This means cupcakes, watching the movie and any special features we desire and a werewolf playlist. Epic. On a stick.

Until next time, arm yourself because no one else here will save you...

No comments:

Post a Comment