Saturday 6 March 2010

An update.

I have been shamlessly neglecting the blogosphere of late. I could blame many things, the house buying, the fact my nana has fallen and broken her hip, the fact I've been having horrific dreams, but I wont. I will instead use this blog to it's full potential and talk about them.

The house is progressing. The money is in place, the paperwork is ready to go, we're just waiting for the legal teams to draw up contracts. Epic :) We should have the keys by the end of the month, very exciting! Off furniture shopping next week for a new suite, kitchen and dining furniture :D

My nana slipped in her kitchen the other day while making breakfast. Now my nana has a panic button, on a string, that she is supposed to carry with her following a fall down the stairs a few years ago. She doesn't. So she had to out into the hallway and shout for help. As she now lives in sheltered accommodation, after the fall down the stairs, someone heard her and called an ambulance. It turns out she has broken her hip in three places and has since had an operation under spinal block to place three screws and a pin in her hip and thigh. She'll be in a hospital for a while, then in a rehab centre until she is allowed back into the wild. Which will drive her mad as she hates being looked after, but maybe that'll teach her to carry her panic button... She'll be fine. She always is. She's a tough old bird!

My dreams... Yeah... For the last week my dreams have followed a story in my life. They started with my husband and I having a conversation about deciding to have a baby and going off to start trying. By Thursday I was pregnant, had taken a test and I even remember the conversation with my doctor about a referral to a midwife. And every morning I wake up and my heart breaks, because it wasn't real.

Enough of the maudlin. I am going to refill my wineglass and continue to laugh with my two best friends (one is on MSN, one is texting me) and just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment