Thursday 29 October 2009

Coming soon, to an internet cafe near you!

28.10.09
As I write this I am sitting in my new living room. We don’t have the internet yet, due to the phone company being completely useless, after several phonecalls it emerges they HAVE moved us, but they moved us from our old address to our old address. Despite sending us post to the new address confirming the move to the old address. Imbeciles! We should have a new line Monday which means we can organise the net then but for now I’m going to have to take my laptop into town and find somewhere with wifi. We went to a really nice bar that does good coffee when we were looking over house details so I think I’ll give them a try :)

I’ve been collecting job application forms as well. I’ve got two to take in tomorrow as well as a few to do online, we shall keep fingers crossed that one of them gets me something!

Our leaving party was a great success. We had only one minor casualty in a friend who had a few too many red wines, poured one down himself, one on my cream carpet (I have lived in that house for over four years and never managed to spill red wine!) and then got up and wandered out of the house. Luckily the designated driver caught him and took him home, so all was well in the end. We have had to have one of our friends shampoo the carpet for us this week before anyone came to view the house though... The day after the girls went to a friend’s flat to watch The Labyrinth and say good bye which was lovely.

Not had many tears yet, I had a few while playing the new CDs my friends gave me when I left. Instead of the track listing on the CD case they wrote hints for the songs. For example Rob Zombie’s Dragula became “Sex-confused Vampire”, leaving my husband and I guessing most of the way to the new house. I’m missing the m all tonight though, tonight is quiz night in the local and I’m not there. I’ve already had a text from one of the girls saying “You’re late for the quiz, you coming?” which I’m sure she thinks is hilarious but now I just want to lock myself in a room and cry. But I refuse, instead I’m going to take my book in a hot bath.

Not making much progress with my shawl, I’ve had to keep stopping and starting but as the bees have been so popular I’ve made some for a few friends’ children so my needles aren’t still. I’ve also finished my bumblebee scarf which even my husband likes! It’s a good thing really as my Hallowe’en costume is a bumblebee and the scarf is part of it so getting it finished was important!

Speaking of Hallowe’en, I have an evil plan afoot, which I shall reveal if it works out. I was originally meant to be going back to do Hallowe’en with all my friends but due to family changing their plans I couldn’t go. So now I’m getting revenge 

We’re almost unpacked! My husband has spent this evening emptying the spare room of things he doesn’t need in his “study area” so now we can get on with making the beds up and storing everything that needs storing rather than leaving it lying around in boxes. Woop woop! I managed to convince my husband that two eight foot bookcases in the living room was a must and they’re doing me proud so far considering my mum, aunt and I put them together using only a screwdriver and an allan key. There are some more books in one of the spare rooms that I’ll bring down next time I’m at that end of the house but other than that and a few boxes to go in the attic I think we’re set!

So, now I’m going to go for my bath and ignore my text message and continue to let everything wash over me in preparation for job hunting tomorrow. I’d open a bottle of wine but as I’ve been putting the wine away every day since we moved in I think I should give it a rest! Maybe some ice cream instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment