Monday 7 December 2009

And we thought confetti got everywhere?!

Yesterday some friends and I went in a giant snowglobe ( http://thegiantsnowglobe.com ). It was truly epic. But now there is snow EVERYWHERE! The snow was actually shredded plastic carrier bags but it got in hair, stuck to hair wax, went down necks (and jeans!) and stuck to anything vaguely woolen. I just put a jumper in the washing machine and a handful of snow fell out of the kangaroo pocket...

The weekend was a roaring success. The birthday girl had a fab time, everyone got on well, my friend from south had fun and there was only minor tension between myself and the friend who had fallen out, despite me getting upset on Saturday night. But apparently I'm supposed to suck it up. Thanks. Still, I am apparently better at it than I thought and managed to enoy the rest of the night after my husband accused me of being unreasonable (other people agreed with me but seriously, I'm over it). He nearly found himself glassed. But I refrained. Get me :P He did stick up for me a few hours later so I suppose I should let him off...

I got a few early Christmas presents, photos, as ever, to follow, I promise a picture post later today when I've collected them all together :)

We're going to buy a Christmas tree tonight! :D I've cleared the space in the living room already and when my husband gets home we're going to head to the shop for one. I would have gone out to the garage to get the Christmas lights and checked them but the smart cookie I'm married to went to work with the garage keys in his pocket *rolls eys* Oh well. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed... Just watching Love Actually to get in the mood :D I'll take you down, I'll take you down...

I'm absolutely exhausted today though. It's quite strange, I slept for about eleven hours last night (after worrying myself daft about a lost earring, it turned up this morning thankfully) but my get up and go has got up and gone! I've spent most of the day in an arm chair knitting a giraffe. Very surreal sentence... Tempted to blame mother nature and my tendency towards iron deficiency . I think chocolate is clearly the answer. Lots of chocolate... I'm cold as well, which would support my theory...

Right, I'm going to turn the heating up and open my advent calendar :) I'll be back later with pics of everything I've promised photos of so far, plus my Christmas decs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment