Thursday 24 December 2009

Twas the night before Christmas...

...and all through the house, the in-laws were sleeping, the hubsand too, and the neighbours are making reindeer footprints in the snow. The wife, meanwhile is torturing herself. Not quite got a great ring to it. But it's the truth noentheless. I cannot stop thinking "What if?" and "When?" I know we're not in a financial position to have children right now but I cannot stop myelf longing for them. And that aches, almost as much as the pain in my knee brought about by the cold weather. But enough of my whining. Noone I can say this to hasn't heard it before.

My mother in law has pushed my husband over the edge and she's now pissing him off as much as me which is epic. It means that next year we wont have this shit as he wont want her around either. Magic. Today at work was pretty good, ended with some wine with my co-workers after closing early which was just delightful. Haven't stopped drinking since and we've made out way through winter Pimm's and mulled wine while making cheesecake for tomorrow, braising red cabbage and finishing the soup for tomorrow's starter :)

We're going to have a white Christmas. Unless some weird miracle comes about in the next 26 minutes then for at least part of Christmas day there will be snow. I haven't seen snow on Christmas for over ten years :)

My mum text me earlier, telling me she loves me and that she can't wait to see me next week. I can't wait to see her either. It's most bizarre not seeing my mum Christmas week and it's starting to upset me. Never mind. We're grown ups now and as I said myself not long ago, you can't have it both ways. Either you assert independence and move out or you live at home.

So for now I'm going to read with Jean-Claude for a while, see in Christmas day alone as everyone is in bed, then get some sleep for tomorrow. I'm also tracking Santa, who is currently over Guinea, so when he passes me I shall wave to him. Then I shall look to next year next week, and in the meantime drink my (not-unsubstantial) weight in wine and try and relax.

Until next time, sweet dreams, safe journeys and I hope you all have a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment