Wednesday 30 December 2009

Nearly New Year...

...and I'm getting excited! My parents are *touch wood* flying down tomorrow while I do my last four hour shift of the year then we're driving across the country to see my aunt and her family for Hogmanay! Then I've got three days off to chill with the family before I go back to work. And talking of work, my job has been made permanent! :D Very excited bunny I am, chuffed to little mint balls. I am the cat with the canary, cream and kittens. Epic :D

So, I've painted my nails, sorted my clothes and packed and I'm ready to go. I have a massive spot on my chin, but my skin hates me, so I'm going to ignore it. My makeup is all still under the stairs but I'll get there eventually. My mum called earlier and told me that she'd been sent a shopping list by my aunt. It consisted of whisky, coke and gin. I've even made a cheesecake. Perhaps my family will be more gracious than my in laws. Note my lack of posting about Christmas. There are reasons for that. I shall post the good aspects as best I can.

I got a ring, it's a replacement for the ring my husband bought me for my 18th birthday and I love it. I got a bracelet from my work that I adore. I got a necklace from my cousin (yes, the one who decided I was evil last week, it was clearly posted before she decided I was "an ignorant twat") They all match :) My mum did us a sampler commemorating our wedding. We've been married three and a half years, but it's gorgeous all the same :) My husband and I loved the dinner I cooked.

I'm going to start a 365 project on New Year's Day. I've just set up my account. I tried to start one earlier this year but my camera broke. Hopefully this time round I'll have better luck :) My friend the bunny is doing it as well, so we can chivy each other along!

So, for now I'm going to get some sleep (even though it is only 10pm) in preparation for being up at 7am then celebrating New Year. I haven't been up at 7am on Hogmanay since I was four. I like my sleep! I wont get on again as my aunt doesn't have internet (I know, I know!) So Happy New Year, and I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment